This is bad, stress is kickin’ in and that means – stress baking. And this is the product of stress-baking. I have been craving milk tea bubble tea but y’know pearls aren’t very healthy and I have had like 3 bubble teas this week? So, I had to find an alternative.
So here it is goes:
Milk tea donuts:
3/4 cup milk
3 tea bags
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 160 degC. Grease doughnut pan and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine milk and tea bags. Stir occasionally for 20 minutes. Weird brown suds will form but it’s ok! Keep stirring and once done, strain tea bags and squeeze all of the milk out. Discard the used tea bags.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and milk mixture. Stir until just combined.
5. Mix the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients. Mix them thoroughly until well-combined.
5. Fill doughnut cavities 2/3 of the way full.
6.Back for 8-10 minutes or until tops of the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
Milk tea glaze:
Half a cup of black tea
some icing sugar
1. Brew a fresh cup of black tea, as much as you deem fit!
2. Pour a suitable amount of icing sugar, and add the black tea in one teaspoon at a time until the right consistency is reached!
3. Add more tea for a more liquid consistency, and more icing sugar for a thicker consistency.
Ok, it’s kinda tough and dense but it was delicious! Enjoy!